8 Things to Consider Before Hiring a Business Coach
Is hiring a business coach worth it? Yes!
Business coaches for entrepreneurs and small business owners help you focus on the key levers that make you and your enterprise more effective and successful. A lot of talented people offer business coaching services. Here are 8 key considerations to help you choose the right one for you.
Do I Really Need A Business Coach?
To find out, ask yourself these questions before reaching out to potential coaches:
- Do I have a goal in mind for this work?
- Am I checking a box, or do I want progress?
- Am I willing to share real information about my company?
- What’s my budget and time commitment?
How Can a Business Coach Help Me?
To find out, assess them as you would any other important hire:
- Do I trust this person to not judge me?
- Does this coach specialize in what I need (i.e., tactics, emotional support, etc.)?
- Does this person have the relevant skills, knowledge, and experience I need?
- How do I know this coach gets results (i.e., testimonials, reviews)?
Coaching is an investment in yourself and your business. Know what you want for yourself and from your coach before you get started.
To help you get to know me, I write this blog and a weekly newsletter, which you can sign up for here.
When you’re ready, here are two ways you can work with me:
- Join a CEO Confidence cohort, my group strategic planning option for CEOs.
- Book a 1:1 Financial Health Check-up. Click here to sign up.